Price, presentation, position.
When thinking of selling, the challenge is to separate ourselves from our home and see it as ‘the property. If you can do this, you are more likely to sell quickly for the best price.
Imagine you are arriving for the first time.
– Can you see your letterbox number, making it easy for people to find you?
– How do the driveway, garden, fence, front of the house, and front door look?
A quick coat of paint on the door, new numbers on the letterbox, fixing broken fence pailings, weeding, getting rid of rubbish, and mowing lawns all really help to improve that all-important first impression.
– Can people see themselves in the home or is it all about you?
Prepare for your move. Remove personal items, pack family photos, certificates, breakables, and collectables away. Have pops of colour and a few items around to make the home feel warm. Encourage buyers to see themselves in the home, not spend their time looking at your wedding photos instead of the bedrooms!
Be realistic about how this may affect the price.
– Sunny, quiet, handy to good schools, will likely help you achieve your price.
– On a busy road, trains at the back door? No doubt you’ve got used to it and sleep right through, and they will too. Being well presented and well priced will help to overcome any objections.
Our agent’s role is to help you achieve the premium price for your home by bringing through buyers who will connect with it emotionally.
– Don’t be surprised if your agent asks you for your price.
– Even if you’re not sure of exactly what your home is worth, you may have a price in mind and we need to know, so we can bring the right people through.
– We will tell you what has sold recently that compares to yours, and what’s currently listed with comparable features and together we will agree on a plan to sell your home.
Whether you’re ready or just thinking about it, feel free to give us a call, we’re here to help.